Did you know?
- You and all women of our parish 18 years and older are members of St. Anne’s Sodality (Council of Catholic Women)?
- Our Sodality has a meeting every month, September through June, at 7:00 pm on the first Thursday of the month in the St. Augustine Parish Center and the Christmas Party is held in December?
- We attend to the spiritual growth of our parish through activities like May Crowning of Mary, leading the Rosary, refreshments during Funerals, Bereavement Meals, Spring and Fall Dinners and much more?
- For 50 years, our Diocesan CCW has been a voice for Southern Missouri’s Catholic Women?
- The DCCW supports, empowers and educates all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service?
- There are over 5,000 CCW active groups in the United States, representing hundreds of thousands of Catholic women as the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW)?
The Annual Deep Cleaning of the Church takes place each year on the Saturday before Palm Sunday following the 8 AM Mass. The next date is Saturday, March 24, 2018.
The Annual Spring Dinner is held each year on the Sunday After Easter. There will be NO SPRING PARISH DINNER IN 2018. Members of Circles #1-5 are asked to help prepare and work the Spring Dinner. Members of Circles #6-10 are asked to supply pie/cake donations.
The Annual Fall Dinner is held each year on the third Sunday in October. The next Fall Dinner is scheduled for Sunday, October 21, 2018. Members of Circles #6-10 are asked to help prepare and work the Fall Dinner. Members of Circles #1-5 are asked to supply pie/cake donations.
The Ladies Sodality supports the local Food Pantry and collects donations in the cabinet in the entrance of Church. Also, there is a permanent box at the side entrance of church for shoe drop off. These shoes will be donated to the Soles for Souls project and will be collected throughout the year.
If you have any questions about the St. Anne’s Ladies Sodality, you may contact the Parish Office at 573-264-4106.
December Meeting Notes: 46 Attended the Christmas Party. Chuck Drury won the November quilt. Shirley Drury won the $10 prize. Entertainment provided by St. Augustine School Choir, directed by Carrie Landewee. Funds were donated to the 8th Grade March for Life trip. The next St. Anne’s Sodality Meeting is Thursday, February 8th at 7 PM! We hope to see you there!!
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT 2017 FALL DINNER and 2018 SPRING DINNER
St. Augustine Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Dinners
After much thought, prayer, and careful consideration members of the Ladies Sodality have unanimously decided to cancel the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Dinners due to the school construction project. Some factors involved in the decision include the safety of our older patrons, weather, parking, and the increased difficulty moving equipment and supplies from the St. Augustine Center to the gym.
Upon this decision, the Sodality will continue to provide financial and physical support to the parish and school of St. Augustine. However, presently, the cancellation leaves us with the sale of quilt raffle tickets as our primary source of major revenue generation. Therefore, we are exploring less expensive and intensive projects to supplement the temporary shortfall in dinner revenue, and openly welcome all fresh and innovative fundraising ideas from our parish family.
As the school construction progresses, we will look into resuming the dinners next Fall, 2018 to continue a long, proud, and cherished tradition in the Kelso community. As always, we continue to keep you, our parish family, and all those who have gone before us in our beloved St. Augustine Parish in our prayers.
Anyone interested in helping the Sodality by giving a donation and supporting upcoming events would be greatly accepted and appreciated.
The Ladies Sodality