Welcome to our news and information page.
Support Our Area Food Pantry
You are invited to help the less fortunate in our area. St. Augustine Church is collecting items for our local Food Pantry. A container is located in the back of church. Collections are also taken for expired coupons to be sent to the Military and gently worn shoes which are sent to the Shoe Man. The Shoe Man uses profits to dig water wells in third world countries.
Food Pantry Quick Facts:
- Food is distributed through the area wide food pantry in Scott City, which was organized by the Ministerial Alliance about 6 years ago.
- The pantry is housed in the General Baptist Church building on Main Street. Distribution is every Tuesday, 9:00-11:00 AM.
- Over 60 families per month depend upon this food pantry to supplement their groceries. They are local low-income people in need. Many are single elderly. They are referred through social agencies. All applicants present their Social Security card to receive help.
- Hunger knows no season. Donations typically decrease in summer months but need remains the same or even increases as children are not enrolled in school lunch programs over the summer.
- Helpful tip: While all donations are appreciated and used, it is helpful from a distribution perspective when a particular item is received in bulk. For instance, five cans of canned chicken will help five different families.
Voice For Life
Voice for Life is a lay organization dedicated to living the Catholic faith to the fullest and utilizing the teachings to promote the sanctity of life and combat the immoral forces that threaten it.
The purpose of Voice for Life is to serve the Catholic community of the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau and unite it with all pro-life organizations, Christian churches and others in an effort to secure civil protection of all life from conception to natural death.
Voice for Life supports and encourages participation in pro-life organizations
The aim for Voice for Life is to encourage all Christians, especially Catholics, to participate in pro-life efforts and spiritual renewal to bring the nation back to its heritage of true freedom and morality.
Voice for Life
President: Kathleen Keesee
2439 Glenridge Dr, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
573-334-7298; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Missouri Catholic Conference (MCC)
PO Box 1022
Jefferson City, MO 65012
Missouri Right to Life (MRL)
PO Box 651
Jefferson City MO 65102
Vitae Caring Foundation (TV/Radio)
PO Box 791
Jefferson, MO 65102
Project Rachel (Post Abortion Help)
Post Abortive Help for Mothers and Fathers
Troy Casteel 417-866-0841
Hannah Wisdom, 417-466-7810
Natural Family Planning (NFP)
Springfield-Cape Girardeau Diocese
Troy Casteel, Family Life Director
601 S Jefferson Ave
Springfield, MO 65802
Diocesan NFP Coordinator
Patty Straus, 417-889-7168 or 417-840-5494
Services for Pregnant Women
Catholic Charities, 417-866-0841
Birthright, Cape Girardeau, 573-335-0750
Pregnancy Care, Cape Girardeau, 573-335-8495
Options for Women, Cape Girardeau, 573-339-2032
Missouri Right to Life Chapters
Southeast Region–Chairman: Ray Rowland, 573-624-7888
Dent, Shannon, Oregon, Iron, Reynolds, Carter, Ripley, Madison, Wayne, Butler, Bollinger, Stoddard, Dunklin, Pemiscot, New Madrid, Mississippi, Scott, Cape Girardeau